Promote Online Business
“If you build it, they will come” is not necessarily true on the Web. Putting a website up is one thing, but getting visitors to come to your site is another. The process becomes even more difficult if you have limited resources to market your business.
Some of the best tips that you must consider and read through as a guide to promote your website:
1. Create the best content you can with the best products you can possibly offer. Your content is your best advertisement – if visitors love your content, then they will go back and spread the word to others.
2. Make it easy for users to recommend your site. Viral marketing is very important — and easy to tap on the Web. But give your users the tools. There are a number of available tools that can help you share your content with social bookmarking sites such as Digg or networking sites such as Facebook. You can even go as far as giving incentives to those who recommend the site to their friends. If only 10 people go to your site, but these 10 people invite 10 more – that’s additional traffic that you get for FREE!
Add This http://www.addthis.com/
3. Rank well in the search engines (organic search results, not the pay per click). SEs can be a big source of traffic. The key is to create the best content in your niche. If you have good content, other websites will gladly link to you and offer your site as a resource to their audience. Check the on-page factors and be sure to get linked from authority sites in your topic area.
If you are going to read only one piece on search engine optimization, I suggest you read Brett Tabke of WebmasterWorld.com’s “Successful Site in 12 Months with Google Alone: 26 steps to 15k a day.” http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum3/2010.htm
4. Send out press releases. While outfits charge as much as $650 per release, there are free press release submission places on the Web. Press releases allow you to (a) attract media attention; (b) get more back links to your website without sending each website an email request; and (c) get more visibility especially if your press release gets in Google News or Yahoo News. You can send your press release via our Press Release Submission Form
5. Submit articles. Write articles and submit them to websites accepting author submissions. You get exposure for your business; establishes you as an authority in your field, and allows you to get backlinks for your website. If 50 websites publish your article and it contains a link back to your website, then you easily get 50 links from a single article. The more links you have, the greater your chances for increasing your search engine rankings.
6. Improve your conversion. Getting visitors is one thing; getting them to buy your products is a whole different story. Read the article “10 Ways to Convert Visitors to Buyers” for tips on how to improve your conversion rates.
7. Syndicate your content. You can auto-pilot your marketing and attract visitors every time you update your content via RSS feeds. Or if you have a blog, you can use it to draw customers repeatedly to your website. Bookmark our Resources for Marketing Your Blogs and RSS Feeds to help you spread the word about your RSS feeds or blog.
Google Base http://base.google.com
Classifieds for Free http://www.classifiedsforfree.com/
Text Link Exchange http://www.txtswap.com/
Yahoo Classifieds http://classifieds.yahoo.com/
US Free Ads http://www.usfreeads.com/
9. Tap Web 2.0 websites to market your business. More and more users are flocking to social community sites, interacting in question and answer sites, and sharing their bookmarks online. Some strategies to consider include:
Create a profile in MySpace or Facebook and make friends with people with similar interests, which are basically your target audience
Establish yourself as an authority in Q&A sites such as Yahoo Answers, and include a link to your website in your profile, or if the question is relevant, include links pointing to specific sections of your site
Share your website in social bookmarking sites such as Digg.com or Stumbleupon.com. A homepage inclusion of your link at Digg.com can result in tremendous traffic to your site
10. Contribute to other websites, forums and blogs relevant to your topic. You can search for topics similar to your site and make a list of websites, forums and blogs that cover the topic. You can then contribute by posting relevant posts, comments or articles, and including your signature file with your name and website URL. The key, however, is to post only RELEVANT contribution; otherwise, your post could appear spammy and the site owners/moderators can blacklist you. Make sure also to read the guidelines of the forum or website, as some may not allow you to post your site URL or signature file.
Thats all the great way of promoting your web. I suggest you follow it step by step and I myself guarantee that you will success as how we success in developing our websites that attracts more than 1000 visitor per day under Webd Biz Solution strategy.